Guidelines for contest entries
The Contest opens for entries on May 28, 2021, and closes June 5, 2021 (referred to herein as the Contest Live Period). Entries must be received by 11:59 pm UK-time on June 5, 2021. For your entries to qualify for consideration. The following guidelines are put in place to keep the contests professional and fair to all. Entries that do not meet these requirements will not be admitted on the contest.
All entries must be the designer’s original work. Plagiarism is not tolerated.
Image format requirements
- Designs must use the “Carnival” theme for this year.
- Designs must be minimalistic, try to use a maximum of 4 colours, including the background colour.
- File type options: PDF (single page), GIF, JPEG, PNG. When uploading PNG files, make sure you have a white background, otherwise, the image will turn black. Vector graphic or SVG format are also accepted.
- Minimum file size: 680 pixels wide x 490 pixels high, RGB format 300res/dpi. If the size and format requirements are not met, the quality and resolution of your images will be compromised.
- No watermarks on design entries.
- If you use templates, check with ELUA for specific copyright details and read the End User License Agreement for clipart rules.
- Photos can be traced “only” if you own the photo.
- You may upload multiple designs in one entry, i.e. they are variations of one design such as colour.
- All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Communication within the contest
Keep communication with the contest holder professional and friendly.
Entries will be judged on these criteria:
- Innovation (50% of score) — What makes the design creative?
- Manufacturability (25%) — How easy would it be to implement? Can it be cost-effectively manufactured/produced?
- Marketability (25%) — Does the idea can be print on T-shirts, mugs, etc.?
- Logo with Ustinov College mascot will have added value.
The judging panel will be incorporated by Exec members from the Ustinov GCR. The judges are prohibited from entering the contest themselves. All decisions of the judges will be final.
Winners will be notified by email and announced on June 8, 2021.
Stay inform of the event in our Facebook event!