The gym is located in Sheraton House, to your left as you enter the building. It contains various fitness equipment, including treadmills, elliptical trainers, cycles, a leg press, and numerous weights. All equipment was purchased in 2017, so it is still very new!
Gym memberships for 2019/20 are now on sale. We currently have an early-bird rate on gym-memberships until the first General Meeting: £20 for GCR members and £55 for non-members. From 14th October onwards, these will both increase by £5.
- Decide whether or not you would like to become a GCR member. GCR membership costs £40 for the academic year and reduces your gym membership price by £35. It also gives you numerous other benefits! Find out more by clicking HERE or opt in by clicking here.
- Sheraton door card. Living in college, you automatically have one. If you live out, you need to apply for one at the reception first. You can find the receptionist between 8am and 4pm on weekdays!
- When you go to pay for your gym membership, please remember to bring cash!
- Ensure that fulfil the requirements listed above.
- Click HERE to access the Gym Membership Application Form and complete it online.
- Go to the GCR office (next to the reception in Sheraton House, open 6-8pm every day during term time) and pay in cash for your gym membership: until the 13th October the fee is £20 for GCR members and £55 for non-members, afterwards it will increase.
- At the GCR office, ask about receiving an induction. You might be able to get one right away or the committee member will point you to a certain induction time.
- Attend the induction where you will be shown around in the gym.
- After being inducted and signing off a form, you will receive access to the gym within a few working days.
Currently, gym inductions take place upon request.
If you have any questions concerning the gym membership, please feel free to stop by in the GCR office or email cs.ustinovgcr(at)durham.ac.uk!
- Tap your door card on the scanner to the left of the door to enter the gym.
- Usage times are from 8am to 10pm every day.
- If it is hot, feel free to open the windows and outside door. Please close them if you are the last one to leave the room.
- There are no changing rooms, but you may change in the nearby toilets.
- There must be a minimum of two people in the gym at any one time due to health and safety. The porters will check!
- Please keep the gym clean and tidy.
- Only use the weights in the area of the gym with the padded flooring. DO NOT drop the weights on the floor even in the free-weights section!
- Please do not use any of the gym equipment with bare feet due to hygienic reasons.